Air New Zealand unveiled a new advertising campaign on the 11th May 2009 aptly named “Nothing to Hide”. More than 90 Air NZ staff members are featured in the campaign, with eight demonstrating the airline’s transparency when it comes to their product by ‘wearing’ nothing more than body paint. The airline’s CEO, Rob Fyfe, also plays a part in the commercial as a body painted baggage handler.
Viral marketing campaigns work when the concept is original and fun; and Air New Zealand will likely get their money’s worth from the airplay and media attention this campaign will inevitably receive.
The commercial’s backing soundtrack is by Kiwi songstress Gin Wigmore and appropriately titled “Under My Skin”. The campaign is the result of a successful local billboard and print media campaign that featured body painted pilots.
One does have to wonder if Air New Zealand snatched the bodypainting idea of V Australia who only a few months prior used the same concept at their Sydney and Los Angeles launch.
- Air New Zealand ‘Bare Essentials’ Safety Video
- Air New Zealand and the Saverjet Parody
- Air New Zealand ‘Cougar’ Campaign
- Virgin Blue and Air New Zealand Alliance
- New V Australia TV campaign: Flygirls
- New Virgin Blue TV campaign: Where Great Ideas Fly’
- First look at Virgin Australia’s new Print Campaign