Virgin Australia revealed its new airport lounge today at Australia’s Brisbane domestic terminal.
Designed by renowned architect Tim Greer from Tonkin Zulaikha Greer, the 200-seat lounge is the ‘next step’ in Virgin Australia’s re-branding and game-change program, and its launch precedes additional plans to revamp all Virgin services at Brisbane Airport.
Martin Daley, Virgin Australia’s Group Executive Product and Guest Services Manager, said that “We’ve re-designed the space, incorporating a range of different purpose-built spaces, features and furnishings. This allows us to cater to the individual needs of different Guests, whether they are to relax, to refuel or to access business facilities.”
The lounge offers all-day snack options in addition to a full first-class menu by renound Australian chef Luke Mangan. The menu offers up options for breakfast, lunch and dinner – all made with fresh, quality, locally produced ingredients.”
Virgin Australia launched the lounge program in May 2006 and now has six lounges in the Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide and Perth domestic terminals. The lounge in Mackay is expected to open by the end of the year.
The Brisbane facility has the same spacious feel, inspired decor, curved glass and modern design as the recently opened lounge at Melbourne’s Tullamarine Airport.
In a press statement, Mr. Daley said the Brisbane lounge spaces included:
- The hearth dining area intended for communal dining and socialising. Located near the entry, this is a perfect spot for an express visit.
- The long bar is the servery; here Guests can access the buffet that features the Luke Mangan designed menu. A full barista service and bar featuring premium beer and wines are incorporated into this area.
- The lounge is located in the centre of the space and features comfortable fabric and leather chairs. Natural light filters through custom Barrisol ceiling panels adding to the overall atmosphere.
- The lounge library is the designated quiet zone, shielded from the main lounge with soft curtains.
Key features of the new Brisbane lounge include:
- Contemporary design, featuring modern digital artwork Painted Video Sequence 2 and Painted Video Sequence 3, 2009 by artist Daniel von Sturmer; illuminated Marblo bars; intricate timber panelling in the ceiling, vertical glass screens and natural light;
- Multiple quiet zones for informal meetings;
- Wireless internet with power and data throughout, workstations and PCs;
- High comfort contemporary designer furniture including Walter Knoll leather chairs;
- Premium wine and beer selection from 11am;
- All hours barista service; and
- Australian made and owned GROWN skincare products.